Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Week 6

The range of video clips that can be found on Youtube & Video google amazes me. I could have spent a long time on this unit. I particularly loved the author visits from Mosman library and could of been there for hours. Perhaps it is my internet speed but the videos were not of particularly good quality-not that it was a big problem and I imagine lots of the videos are not professionally made. This is also appealling as we get a broader spectrum of material then the very professional product. I thought lots of the lego clips were clever and it is good to see what our imagination and time can create on a low budget.
There are several possibilities for using this resource in our library service. I can see the value of recording local history interviews and special library & community events. The idea of using it forinformation type videos such as 'how to use the library' and 'what the library has to offer you' would be best directed to our younger clients. I can see potential in creating these in our 'techno teen' sessions. Teenagers could make the videos to appeal to this age group. The kids often love doing this sort of activity and it would be a great resource for the library to promote its use by the youth of our community. The video could then be embeded in the library blog for easy access.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for embedding the ABC Riverina news feed. It is great you are thinking about local applications for this technology.

Ellen