Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Podcasts and Audio

I have been trying to download itunes and juice but to no avail. I have managed to listen to an audio from the British Library collection and also heard a literary lunch recorded on Nightlife, ABC radio several weeks ago. It was Geraldine Brooks and I saved it to a CD which was handy so I could listen to it wherever I wanted. I can see potential for the use of podcasts in our library service, particularly because we are using Navigators for the vision impaired. These navigators are like MP3 players for the elderly and we could download podcasts to them so the clients would have current material to listen to. Also these clients use their navigators for hours a day and they are needing them reloaded so quickly. a constant source of new material is fantastic.

1 comment:

slnsw_learning_2.0 said...

You might even be able to convert your library / council newsletters to podcasts for clients with a visual impairment?

Mylee (PLS)